SPEECHCRAFT FOR BUSINESS COURSE
Do you want to overcome public speaking
nerves to improve your career and
communicate with confidence?
Speechcraft for Business is a 5-week
public speaking course for business people
like you who want to learn how to speak
up confidently and present their ideas
clearly and effectively. See flyer
Dates: 5 Thursdays – 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st May 2018
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Place: Roseville Memorial Club, 64 Pacific Highway, Roseville
Cost: $390 – Please book by 20th April 2018
Contact : Charmaine Burke
M: 0401 059 934 | E: Please click on this link to send us an email
Join the Speechcraft for Business Course in November. You will learn how to:
- Create effective speeches for business and personal events
- Answer questions and speak confidently off-the-cuff
- Deliver effective evaluations
- Conduct productive meetings
- Deliver speeches with appropriate body language and vocal expression
- Communicate with confidence
- and much more!
Speechcraft for Business Course includes:
- 5 weekly training sessions
- Manuals and workbooks
- Expert coaching from Advanced Toastmasters
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic learning environment
- Certificate of Achievement for full attendance & participation
What Can a Speechcraft Course Do For You?
In a Speechcraft program you will:
- Improve your public speaking and general communication skills so that you are more confident when speaking in front of people as well as one on one.
- Prepare a number of speeches in quick succession.
- Find that your improved presentation skills will win you the respect and admiration of your colleagues.
- Benefit because your participation in Speechcraft will also increase your management and leadership potential.
Download a flyer here: Speechcraft_for_Business_Focus
How Can Speechcraft Meet Your Needs?
Speechcraft can help you because:
- Speechcraft is a program designed for beginners as well as those who wish to improve their presentation skills.
- The hands-on speech training program provides the “how-to” and the practical experience so critical to progress.
- The Speechcraft program is very cost effective.
- An atmosphere of professional and supportive camaraderie makes each course a unique learning environment dedicated to personal improvement.
- You have the opportunity to practice speeches and presentations with overhead projector and laptop.
How Does the Program Work?
The Speechcraft program provides each participant with a wide range of speech-making and presentation experiences.
- Each participant receives a Toastmasters Speechcraft Handbook. This provides valuable reference material after the program is completed.
- No matter whether you are experienced or a beginning speaker, you will develop and/or increase your skills.
- A variety of assigned short speeches help participants develop competency.
- During each meeting an impromptu speaking session is conducted to help participants learn to think on their feet.
- After giving a prepared speech, each participant receives a constructive speech evaluation. This process recognises speakers for their strengths and provides valuable guidance on how future presentations may be improved.
- Upon completion of the basic course you may continue your training at a Toastmasters Club.
What Does the Speechcraft Course Include?
We have run Speechcraft courses for more than 20 years, including the latest learning trends and the Toastmasters’ principles of better thinking, listening, speaking and leadership. Based on participation, content includes:
- communication skills, gestures/body language, networking, meetings
- overcoming nerves, increasing speech confidence
- role of the MC, introducing, linking and thanking speakers
- construction, preparation and delivery of speeches
- impromptu speaking – structured answers
- humour, voice and language, analytical listening
- the impact of visuals (use of data projector optional)
- speaking in praise: toasts, tributes, wedding speeches
- feedback from DVD recording (optional)
- putting the skills into action, graduation.
Contact Speechcraft Coordinator: Charmaine Burke
M: 0401 059 934
E: Please click on this link to send us an email